Nutritious meals are a must for a child’s all-round growth and development. But when it comes to kids, taste almost always wins over nutrition. The proof is the growing popularity of packaged foods and drinks over fresh fruits and vegetables among even the very young.
With these changes in eating habits, kids today may miss out on one of the most vital nutrients needed by the body – protein. Protein is the building block for a child’s growth and development. It aids in cell regulation and muscle growth.
One of the ways to ensure that children get adequate protein is by adding a protein supplement in their diet. But it must also delight their taste buds. Sounds difficult? Not anymore.
QNET India brings for the first time to the Indian market Nutriplus Kids Protein, a yummy and nutritious health supplement for children from 6 years and above. Available in two delectable flavors — Choco-Butter Cookie and Vanilla Ice Cream – it’s irresistible to kids and offers numerous health benefits.
Protein Supplement Packed with Benefits
The protein in Nutriplus Kids Protein comes from both soy and dairy sources. Every serving contains 25% protein. It has a premium source of protein that is designed to enable better solubility in milk or water. The patented probiotic, AHC and DHA, a soy protein isolate from DuPont is the highest quality of protein with a Protein Digestibility-Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1. PDCAAS is the world standard for evaluating the quality of protein digestibility from different food sources and the highest possible score is 1. The AHC probiotic supports the immune system and maintains the micro flora balance by replenishing lost good bacteria that support better digestion. Similarly, the DHA probiotic is essential for brain development and optimal neural function.
It is also imbued with soluble fiber (80% fiber content) which helps in regulating bowel movements.
The recommended daily consumption is two scoops or approximately 25 gm. (2 scoops). You can mix it with milk or add it to smoothies. You can also add the powder to various snacks or desserts like pancakes, cupcakes, and brownies.
Here’s a recipe for Brownie using Nutriplus Kids Protein:
Nutriplus Kids Protein Brownie recipe
- Grease and dust a 12-inch square tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar, along with the essence.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter along with the chocolate powder in a vessel on low flame/heat and cool it once you take it off the flame.
- Sieve maida/refined wheat flour, NutriplusTM Kids Protein and baking powder together.
- Add melted butter and chocolate powder mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. To this, add the maida/refined wheat flour mixture and mix well again.
- Add half cup cashew nuts in the batter and mix. Pour the batter in the tin and sprinkle the other half cup of cashew nuts on top.
- Bake it at 140 degree for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Leave the brownie in the tin until completely cold. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into desired shapes and serve.