We gave you an easy new recipe to make delicious chocolate brownies to get your kids to eat their protein, a few weeks ago. Did you get a chance to make them? Did your kids enjoy it?
This week we give you a chance to make a delicious, healthy protein treat for yourself and the other adults in your home. It could be a great dish to serve at your team meetings too! This week we will teach you how to make a moist, and flavourful carrot cake with the Vanilla Flavoured Nutriplus Protein Power that is packed with nutrition and taste.
|Nutripus Protein Power (Plain Vanilla)||18 scoops / 150 gms|
|Whole Wheat Flour||1 Cup / 150 gms|
1/2 Cup / 75 ml
1 cup/ 150 ml
6 (125 gms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a cake tin and keep aside.
- Sift together Nutriplus Protein Power, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Separate the egg yolks and white in different bowls, beat the egg yolk till smooth
- In a large bowl beat together the oil, milk and maple syrup. Add the beaten egg yolks.
- Fold in the flour then add the boiling water..
- Stir in the grated carrots. .
- In another bowl, whisk the 2 egg whites to soft peaks. Fold it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 45 minutes till done
- To know if the cake is ready, insert a fork at the centre of the cake and check if it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let the cake cool before removing it from the tin.
Note: For an interesting variation, add ½ cup of chopped walnuts while mixing the cake batter and top with icing of choice. Cream cheese icing is ideal for carrot cake.
Number of servings -16
Nutrition facts per serving:
Energy: 170 kcals Protein: 7g Fats: 6g Carbohydrates: 18g
Common measures: 1tsp: 5g 1tbsp: 15g 1 cup: 150g