There are so many reasons why you need more protein in your diet. It helps you build and maintain healthy muscles, lose weight (yes, really!) keep your hair shiny and your nails from becoming brittle repairs tissues and so much more. As adults, we know this. But how do you convince your kids that they need to eat their protein?
The 7-year old who is fussy about everything you put on her plate couldn’t care less about the health benefits of protein! When you are battling with the child to get him or her to drink their daily glass of milk, convincing them to eat protein-rich foods is pretty much war.
We tried a neat trick to get the kids of some of our employees into getting their protein fix without the dining table turning into a war zone. And it worked!
Our nutrition team developed a series of kid-friendly recipes that are not just healthy but also delicious. We used QNet’s Nutriplus Protein Power for Kids in these recipes and the kids came back for more!
Over the next few days, we will share these recipes with you here.
Nutriplus Chocolate Brownie
|Nutriplus Protein Power KIDS (Exotic Chocolate)||50 gms/ 8 Scoops|
|Maida (Refined White Flour)||100 gms or 2/3 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup or 150 gms*|
|Butter||200 gms or 1 1/3 Cup|
|Chocolate Powder||60 gms|
|Vanilla Essence||2 Tsps|
|Cashew Nuts (Optional)||100 gms or 1 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 1/2 Tsps|
- Grease and dust a 12-inch cake tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar well along with the vanilla essence.
- Melt the butter along with the chocolate powder in a vessel on low flame/heat. Allow it to cool once you take it off the heat.
- Sieve the maida/refined wheat flour and the baking powder together. Add the melted butter and chocolate powder mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. To this add the maida/ refined wheat flour mixture and mix well again.
- Add half cup cashew nuts in the batter and mix. Pour the batter in the tray and sprinkle the other half cup of cashew nuts on top.
- Bake it at 140 degrees C for about 20 to 30 minutes.
*We have included a minimal quantity of sugar in this recipe since the brownie will not rise during the baking process otherwise. You may also try this recipe using maple syrup if you prefer a denser texture in your brownies.
Number of Servings = 16
Energy= 169 kcals, Protein = 6g, Fat = 9g , Carbs = 18.83g
Common measures: 1tsp= 5g , 1Tbsp = 15g , 1 Cup = 150g
Try it, and let us know how it worked out. Post pictures of your brownie and tag us on Facebook.