Direct selling professionals lead busy lives. Meetings, presentations, trainings, traveling, long hours…its all necessary because you are working towards your dream life, but it can take a toll on your body. Finding the time to stay healthy and in shape can be difficult for anyone. But when you’re an entrepreneur who’s work seems to follow you around everywhere, it’s a task that seems nearly impossible. Just like your business, your body needs care and attention in order to properly function. Leading a healthy lifestyle will benefit both you and your business in the long run as healthy people tend to be happier and more productive.
1) If you are tired after a long day, try this trick I have successfully used after playing matches. Lie down on the floor and put your legs up against a wall for 20 minutes.
This pose gives blood circulation a gentle boost toward the upper body and head, which creates a pleasant rebalancing after you have been standing or sitting for a long time. If you are stressed, fatigued, or jet-lagged, this is especially refreshing.
2) I love to do interval training. It is the ultimate cardiovascular workout. It’s a form of fitness training that alternates high-intensity work efforts with low- to moderate-intensity ‘recovery’ efforts.
I recommend 5-10 minutes of warm activity, then 2 minutes of fast running in a sprint, followed by 2 minutes of slow jogging or high-speed walking. Alternate this about 6 times, depending on your level of fitness and ability. If you are using a fitness tracker to monitor your heart rate, it would be good to get your heart rate to 160. Just by practicing interval training once a week, you will be able to take advantage of a number of benefits, from more effective oxygen intake to a slower heart rate.
3) I also recommend using a cross trainer (also known as elliptical trainer). The elliptical cross trainers are among the most popular, and the workouts can be adapted for most people.
Common programs that you will see include a manual setting, fat burn, cardio training, hill, interval and random. I usually spend 30 minutes on it on the random setting, which means anything goes – you don’t know what’s coming next! It’s the easiest way to burn a lot of calories.
Bon Appetit, enjoy your next meal, guilt free!
4) Have you tried practicing yoga? If not, it’s time!
Yoga helps you find balance, still your mind, and connect to your inner self. I consider it one of the best workouts that also brings calm and inner peace. Plus, it’s also John McEnroe’s favorite!
6) Escape to the outdoors! I’m a mountain girl. I love to run in the woods and breathe in the fresh air.
It’s a must for me, at least once a week. If you live near an ocean, take a walk on the beach or go for a run on the sea shore. Find a spot that appeals to you and allows you to connect with nature, and escape to it and try something new each time.
7) It wouldn’t seem right if I didn’t suggest this. How about finishing up the week with a tennis match? Singles or doubles match…both are equally fun 🙂