Chances are that you have heard of argan oil, especially in association with hair and skincare. It feels decadent with its nutty aroma, smooth and light texture, and the undeniably rich golden hue. Argan oil is fraught with beneficial nutrients that are useful for both skin and hair. Lately, argan oil has been very popular, even though the oil has been around since ages; the Berber women of Morocco have been using the oil for thousands of years for its versatility and benefits.
The Origin of Argan Oil
Argan oil is sourced from the seeds of the Argan tree, which is native to a southwestern Morocco region. According to Hadley King, MD, a dermatologist and clinical instructor of dermatology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University, “The long-standing practice involves removing the thick peel and fleshy pulp of the argan fruit and then cracking the nut by hand to obtain the oil-rich kernels inside. The kernels are then ground and pressed to express pure, unfiltered argan oil, and then decanted and filtered to produce an even clearer oil.” What we get from that is an extremely beneficial oil that can penetrate the skin easily, boost moisture and activate the formation of fats that work to protect the skin barrier. Due to its lightweight nature, argan oil can be used on most types of skin and hair textures.
Skincare and Argan Oil
- Owing to the presence of high-quality vitamin E, Argan oil provides nourishing hydration to the skin and enables the skin to have a stronger capacity for more hydration retention.
- Argan oil can be used to treat a wide range of skin conditions which includes acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and skin infections.
- Argan oil is high in antioxidants including oleic acid and linoleic acid that helps in retaining the youth of your skin; it does so by neutralizing free radicals that cause damage to the skin. Further, the presence of omega-3 fatty acids increases collagen production that keeps your skin plump with reduced fine lines and wrinkles. A 2015 study in Clinical Interventions in Aging found that the topical use of argan oil in postmenopausal women led to increased skin elasticity after 60 days of use.
Haircare and Argan Oil
- Argan oil improves hair quality by protecting the exterior cuticle of the hair shaft while also preserving natural pigments like melanin that gives hair its colour.
- A 2013 study in Brazil found that argan oil enhanced hair quality and dye retention. Hair colouring is hailed as one of the most damaging procedures and argan oil was found to have a protective effect compared to the hair conditioners available in the market.
- Vitamin E is abundant in argan oil and helps with hair loss and hair breakage. The powerful mix of antioxidants and fatty acids present in the oil keeps your hair moisturized.
- Argan oil is excellent for treating dandruff and dry scalp. Most people tend to use shampoos that have drying chemical agents that tend to remove your scalp of moisture. Using a medicated dandruff shampoo means adding a lot of chemical ingredients to your body which compounds the problem in the long run instead of abetting it. Using argan oil on your scalp will reduce dryness and flakiness and give your hair a super-smooth feel.
QNET BeYouTé Argan Care
QNET BeYouTé Argan Care contains 95% argan oil which is 100% pure and organic that is enriched with vitamin E, carotenoids, essential fatty acids, polyphenols, phytosterols et al. that contribute to excellent skin, hair and nail health. Available for both men and women, the product is without any parabens or artificial colours. It deeply moisturizes the skin improving skin elasticity, repairing damaged skin and has anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing properties. When used for hair, QNET BeYouTé Argan Care improves hair vitality and scalp health while restoring shine and bounce. It also protects hair from environmental damage woes.
Argan oil is highly nutritious and has many versatile uses; let this miracle oil change the way you look and feel.
To check out our exclusive BeYouTé beauty range of products, please click here.