Since time immemorial, we have sourced drinking water from natural resources such as rivers, lakes, reservoirs and underground sources such as Wells and Aquifers.
Today we sense a need to purify water from almost all of these sources as there always are chances that the water that gets delivered to us from these water bodies may not be pure.
But fortunately, modern-day technology has come to our rescue and allowed us to treat and recycle water for drinking purposes with the help of some of the best Alkaline RO water purifiers.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), almost 29% of the global population does not consume safe drinking water. Moreover, as reported by UNICEF, nearly 50 million people in India have no access to safe water.
How do water bodies get contaminated?
The answer is evident!
Pollution from human activities!
These activities include agriculture, industry, and sewage disposal. The U.N. (United Nations) reports that approximately 80% of wastewater is discharged into local water bodies. Its chemical runoff causes algal blooms in the water body, depleting its oxygen levels.
However, government-provided drinking water is filtered to remove impurities and pathogens.
Before consumption, it is still highly recommended that the water be purified with the best RO water purifier as the water can get contaminated again in transit before it reaches us.
5 ways your daily activities are affected by drinking unsafe water
- Deadly waterborne illnesses: Impure water can contain bacteria, viruses, other pathogens, and contaminants that can cause cholera, typhoid, viral fever, hepatitis A, and other diseases.
According to a report by the National Health Profile, waterborne diseases accounted for over 15% of all contagious diseases in India in 2019.
- Digestive issues: It’s no secret that drinking impure water can lead to diarrhoea, vomiting, and other digestive issues affecting our daily activities and causing dehydration, weakness, and fatigue.
A study by the Indian Council of Medical Research found that the prevalence of diarrhea among children under five in India was at 9.2%. This can lead to missed school days and significantly impact daily activities.
- Poor cognitive function: Impure water can contain lead and arsenic, which can impair cognitive function and lead to learning disabilities and impact school or work performance.
In India, an estimated 37.7 million people are affected by fluorosis, caused by high fluoride levels in drinking water. This leads to skeletal deformities and impaired cognitive function. Lead exposure puts an estimated 5.6 million Indian children at risk of lead poisoning due to contaminated water.
- Skin irritation: Impure water can contain chlorine and fluoride, which can cause skin irritation.
Skin diseases such as scabies, dermatitis, and fungal infections caused by impure water are prevalent in India. According to the National Health Profile (NHP) 2019, skin diseases are one of India’s leading causes of morbidity.
- Increased healthcare costs: Need for medical treatment for waterborne illnesses increases healthcare costs. This can have a significant impact on an individual’s as well as the country’s financial expenses.
The World Bank reported that the economic cost of waterborne diseases in India is near about $600 million per year (check the report here). This includes direct and indirect healthcare costs, lost productivity, etc.
WHO indicates that investing in safe drinking water can economically benefit India, with a potential return on investment of up to 5 dollars for every 1 dollar spent.
All of this signifies that the need for advanced water purifiers like an Alkaline RO water purifier is increasing daily.
What is an Alkaline, Alkaline RO water purifier, and Alkaline Nano Water Purifier?
- Alkaline water purifier: It is a filtration system that raises the pH of the water to make it alkaline, offering potential health benefits.
- Alkaline RO (Reverse Osmosis): An Alkaline RO water purifier removes impurities from water by passing it through a semi-permeable membrane under pressure. They effectively remove contaminants and are commonly used in homes and offices to produce clean, safe drinking water.
- Alkaline Nano water purifier: The Alkaline nano water purifier produces alkaline water with nanotechnology by removing impurities from water and increasing its pH levels. It helps with your hydration, digestion, and energy levels.
The Alkaline RO Water purifiers and Alkaline Nano water purifiers are the most popular choices for households and other indoor spaces.
5 reasons you need the best water purifier for home
- Improved Immunity: Drinking purified water can boost your immunity. According to a study published in the Journal of Water and Health, using a certified water purifier can reduce the incidence of gastrointestinal illnesses by up to 45%.
- Reduced Risk of Cancer: Multiple studies have linked the consumption of unsafe water with an increased risk of cancer. Only a modern water purifier with advanced filtration technology can remove these harmful chemicals reducing the risk of cancer.
- Improved Brain Function: Drinking unsafe water affects your brain. Impaired cognitive functions, poor memory, and concentration are evident. According to a study published in the Environmental Health Perspectives journal, lead in drinking water will decrease cognitive function, especially in children. Using a modern water purifier can eliminate this issue.
- Better Skin and Hair Health: Drinking purified water will positively impact your skin and hair. Impure water can contain chemicals that can cause skin irritation and dryness. A water purifier removes these contaminants.
- Improved Overall Health and Wellness: Consuming impure water may lead to health issues such as gastrointestinal illnesses, reproductive issues, and even congenital disabilities.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: By keeping your body hydrated you can also reduce stress and anxiety levels. So why not switch to purified drinking water to reduce the risk of these health issues?
Modern water purifiers come with better and more advanced features. A few advanced water purifiers are available in the market today, but which water purifier really stands out and offers all the necessary advanced features?
In that case, the best option is to choose the Knight Alkaline RO Water Purifier if you source groundwater (having TDS of more than 500 ppm) or the Delight Alkaline Nano Water Purifier if you receive Municipal corporation water (having TDS less than 500ppm).
But why specifically these two?
Let’s discuss it!
CUCKOO-QNET Knight Alkaline RO Water Purifier by QNET
The CUCKOO-QNET KNIGHT alkaline RO water purifier is one of the best water purifiers offered by QNET that is suitable for all sorts of indoor environments, such as households, offices, etc.
But what makes this water purifier so powerful and unique?
The KNIGHT Alkaline RO water purifier uses advanced RO membrane technology to purify 99.99% of water. It is specially designed to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances from the water and to make it more alkaline.
Here are the product specifications and dimensions of the CUCKOO-QNET Knight Alkaline RO water purifier.
- Filtration system: RO (Reverse Osmosis) and Alkaline filter.
- Water Tank Capacity: 7.5 litres.
- Filtration stages: The Knight Alkaline RO water purifier is equipped with a powerful 7-stage filtration system that includes:
- A pre-filter: Removes larger particles from water that can affect the taste and quality of the water.
- Sediment filter: Removes microparticles such as rust, soil, sand, and oxidized pollutants.
- Activated carbon filter: Removes chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and other chemicals from the water. Adsorbing these impurities on the surface of the carbon, effectively trapping and preventing them from passing through.
- RO (Reverse osmosis) membrane: Filter eliminates bacteria, microparticles, heavy metals, viruses, and organic and ionic materials.
- Post-carbon filter: This filter can remove remaining impurities that may affect the flavour and odour of the water.
- Alkaline Filter: Helps maintain the pH balance and adds beneficial Alkaline minerals such as Calcium and Magnesium to provide Healthier Alkaline Water.
- Fine filter: Removes residual impurities.
- UV led in and out sterilization: Yes.
- Installation: Wall-mounted.
- Suitable for: Groundwater.
The 7-stage filtration process removes heavy metals, chlorine, bacteria, and other impurities.
12 Key features of the Knight Alkaline RO Water Purifier by QNET
Apart from its aesthetic design and appropriate size that compliment any interior type, this water purifier showcases a collection of necessary features such as:
- 7-stage filtration: Mainly runs on the Alkaline and RO filter technology, including 5 other filters. It removes impurities like chlorine, bacteria, viruses, and heavy metals.
- UV LED in-and-out sterilization: This water purifier uses the world’s first UV-led in-and-out sterilization technology with a timer setting that eliminates bacteria and viruses from the water providing extra protection. Moreover, this is the world’s first patented In and Out sterilization technology purifying water with a 2-step in-and-out sterilization process.
- TDS level (Total Dissolved Solids): The WHO has stated that less than 300 ppm (parts per million) TDS levels are safe to consume. At home, the TDS level of unpurified drinking water is more than 500ppm which is considered slightly impure. This water purifier will reduce the TDS level by 90-95% (20 to 50 ppm) and purify high TDS water, such as groundwater, without removing essential minerals.
- Friendly user interface: It has an ergonomic design and state-of-the-art user interface.
- Automatic flushing system: Helps prolong the life of the RO membrane and makes the water purifier operate optimally. It periodically flushes the RO membrane with clean water and removes accumulated impurities.
- Detachable faucet and Water tray for cleaning: It comes with a detachable faucet and water tray so you can remove it and wash it whenever you want.
- 3-Step DIY features: It comes with a 3-step (open, change, and close) easy self-filter replacement and allows you to maintain the water purifier without needing service.
- Smart IoT system: The water purifier can be controlled and monitored through a mobile app, which provides real-time information about the replacement reminders, filter’s condition, water quality and usage, and maintenance schedules.
- Voice guidance: It has a voice guidance system that helps us to use the device.
- Water Level indicator: The water level indicator gives information on the water level inside the purifier. It prompts us to know when it’s time to refill the tank.
- Filter Replacement Alarm: It prompts users to replace the water purifier’s filters. When the filters reach their maximum usage capacity, an alarm is activated.
- Energy-saving mode: This Alkaline RO water purifier has an energy-saving mode that reduces electricity consumption when not in use, making it environmentally friendly.
All these features make the Knight Alkaline RO Water Purifier unique.
Now let’s talk about the Delight Alkaline Nano water Purifier by QNET that is more suitable to purify water sourced from the municipal corporation (depending on the TDS level).
CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano Water Purifier by QNET
The CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier is well-designed and one of the best water purifiers offered by QNET that is suitable for all indoor environments.
But what makes this water purifier so trustworthy and useful?
The Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier uses advanced Nano Filtration technology for water purification. It is designed to eliminate bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances from water.
Here are the product specifications of CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier.
- Filtration system: Nano Positive Filtration, Alkaline filter, Mineralizer, and UF (Ultra Filtration) Membrane
- Water Tank Capacity: 7.5 litres
- Filtration stages: The Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier is equipped with a unique 5-stage filtration system that includes:
- Sediment Filter: Filters impurities like rust, deposits, particles and, sand.
- Pre-Carbon Filter: Absorbs odours, organic substances, VOCs (free chlorine, chloroform), Trihalomethane, etc.
- Nano Positive filter: Eliminates bacteria (E.coli, etc.), Noro Virus, Heavy metals (Iron, Aluminum, Lead), and harmful substances (algae, fungi, etc.)
- Alkali Mineralizer Filter: Removes impurities using chemical absorption. Adds minerals like Sodium, Magnesium, Calcium & Potassium. Balances pH value and makes water mildly alkaline.
- In and out sterilization filter (patented)
- UV led in and out sterilization: Yes.
- Installation: Tabletop / Wall mount.
- Suitability: Municipal Corporation water supply.
12 Key features of CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano Water Purifier by QNET
Apart from its appealing design and compact size that compliments any interior type, this water purifier has other key features such as:
- Patented Nano positive filter eliminates Norovirus: Norovirus causes acute gastroenteritis, Diarrhea, stomachache, etc. It’s found in drinking water sourced from borewells and overhead tanks. The Nano-positive filter removes these harmful viruses and bacteria to provide pure water.
- Zero waste of water: There is zero wastage of water during nanofiltration.
- TDS level: The Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier cleans water without removing essential minerals from the municipal water supply where the TDS level is within 500 ppm. This water purifier is specially made for municipal water supply areas.
- UV-led in and out sterilization: World’s first UV-Led in and out sterilization technology.
- Patented technology: This QNET Water Purifier uses the world’s first In and Out sterilization technology by CUCKOO-QNET that is patented.
- Water Level Indicator: The indicators tell users about the water level inside the purifier, allowing them to know when to refill the tank.
- Filter Replacement Alarm: It reminds users when to replace the water purifier’s filters. The alarm activates when filters have reached their maximum usage capacity.
- Faucet Sterilization: Helps eliminate bacteria and viruses from the faucet before dispensing water, ensuring clean and safe drinking water.
- Detachable Faucet and Tray for Easy Cleaning: It comes with a detachable faucet and water tray, so you can remove and wash it whenever you want.
- Friendly User-interface: It has an ergonomic design and state-of-the-art user interface.
- DIY features: This water purifier has simple DIY (do it yourself) features that allow you to set it up and replace filters independently without needing professional assistance.
- Energy-saving mode: The Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier has an energy-saving mode that helps reduce power consumption when the device is not in use.
All these advanced key features of the CUCKOO-QNET Knight Alkaline RO and CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano water purifiers make them two of the most trusted and best water purifiers for home and other indoor areas.
One can choose between these water purifiers based on their suitability.
The CUCKOO-QNET Knight Alkaline RO water purifier is suitable for treating water with moderately high TDS levels, i.e., beyond 500ppm, such as ground water & borewells.
On the other hand, the CUCKOO-QNET Delight Alkaline Nano water purifier treats water with a TDS level of around 500ppm, such as water sourced from municipal corporations.
Both these water purifiers work wonders and drastically treat water to bring the TDS level down to 20-50 ppm.
Considering the differences, the Knight Alkaline RO water purifier and the Delight Alkaline Nano Water Purifier offer a unique combination of all necessary advanced features not commonly found in other purifiers. These are among the best water purifiers for homes and other indoor spaces.
Remember, when it comes to your and your loved one’s health, the least you can offer is a trusted and best water purifier for your home.
So go ahead and treat yourselves to the best in class!