The direct selling industry has stood the test of time and overcome a myriad of challenges, witnessing transformation at an increasing scale in recent times. Technological advancements and innovative strategies have not only reshaped how businesses operate but have also redefined how professionals approach entrepreneurship.
Despite many sectors coming out worse from the COVID-19 pandemic, India’s direct selling industry experienced a 13.3% Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) on a constant dollar basis in 2022, as per a recent World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA) report. The report also illustrates India’s growing prowess in the global direct selling industry, recording an impressive Rs 26,852 crores in retail sales in 2022. That is to say, the market grows ever more competitive for QNET entrepreneurs.
So how exactly can QNET entrepreneurs stay ahead of the curve amidst the growing market and its evolving trends? For that, we’ll first have to analyse the current market trends.
Current Direct Selling Market Trends
Direct Selling companies have to compete with online retailers, forcing them to reimagine engagement through digital platforms. This gives rise to trends the industry must embrace if they are to keep growing. A 2023 WFDSA product report shows wellness products contributing a substantial 30% to the overall retail sales in India, followed closely by the cosmetics sector, making up 23% of the market. QNET already offers a diverse range of products in wellness and cosmetics, so if QNET entrepreneurs can adapt to the current market trends, they could thrive in the Indian market. Let’s take a look at these trends:
- Creating a strong digital presence – Direct selling companies are embracing the digital wave by refining their e-commerce platforms, social media and mobile apps. These tools make for a much more personalised customer experience and have redefined audience reach, allowing companies to engage with customers in new ways. Innovative new strategies like gamification and influencer marketing have also helped connect with customers remotely to further enhance customer engagement and sales generation. By fostering customer-brand connections and integrating self-service tools, QNET paves the way for seamless transactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- The ‘Mobile First’ trend – Mobile devices are the focal point for social selling and e-commerce. The likes of Amazon have already established a very strong presence on mobile. Having a platform compatible with mobile devices puts the customer first, ensuring accessibility and convenience, while helping direct selling companies like QNET to heighten engagement and amplify sales performance. To this end, QNET has built its own QNET India Mobile App so that our distributors can run their business from the palm of their hand, no matter where they are in the world.
- Human-centric technology – The dynamics between a company, its independent distributors and end customers drive the B2B2C business model. Direct selling companies like QNET can harmonise technologies that cater to various segments and preferences, offering personalised engagement and personalised customer experience like no other.
- Sales force training – In a world that becomes more and more integrated with technology, the differentiating factor between companies will always be the human factor. The quality of your products should speak for themselves, but the quality of your sales force is what will make you sales. New training programmes that inculcate the digital world will equip distributors with the tools for success while fostering love for the brand and business. This not only represents QNET’s dedication to its distributors but also cements its position as a thought leader in the industry.
If you’re thinking about being an entrepreneur in India, this article on ‘How to become an entrepreneur in India?’ might interest you.
Seizing Opportunities In The Current Market Trends
QNET entrepreneurs must hone their skills to adapt to not only the current market trends, but also have the foresight to anticipate and adapt to future trends and opportunities. They must cultivate a growth mindset and embrace lifelong learning. That way, even in the face of daunting competition, QNET entrepreneurs will not falter, and back themselves to impress through superior customer service and support that nurtures deeper connections and fosters enduring relationships. You can read any of the countless success stories of QNET entrepreneurs and see for yourself how QNET has helped them become successful.
Let’s see how QNET entrepreneurs can strategically adapt to these trends to stay winning.
- Embrace digital tools and develop a comprehensive digital strategy – Familiarise yourself with the digital tools at your disposal to create your own online presence. Make use of social media platforms to amplify your brand message and develop personalised interactions with customers. Develop a comprehensive digital strategy that encompasses social media platforms, content creation, and data-driven insights. Create compelling and shareable content that resonates with your target audience. Storytelling can humanise your brand and create a deeper connection with customers. Do remember to go through the Social Media Policy of QNET, India region, before commenting or creating an opinion on any public platform.
- Lifelong learning – Adopt a mindset to continuously hone your leadership and sales skills. Attend industry events, webinars, and workshops to stay updated on the latest trends and strategies. Build a strong and reliable professional network within the industry that can learn from and gain insights, allowing you to collaborate on new innovative strategies. Invest in ongoing training programs for yourself and your team. Well-informed entrepreneurs are better equipped to build trust and make compelling sales pitches.
- Leverage data analytics – Utilise data-driven insights to understand customer behaviour, preferences, and buying patterns. This information can help QNET entrepreneurs tailor marketing strategies to align with what the target audience truly wants.
- Personalised customer experiences – Instead of adopting a one-size-fits-all approach, segment your customer base and personalise your interactions. QNET entrepreneurs have the advantage of having direct contact with their customers. By tailoring recommendations and personalising communication, you can significantly enhance customer engagement and even instil a sense of brand loyalty.
- Collaborate with Influencers – Partnering with social media influencers who resonate with your brand values and target audience The average engagement rate for influencer marketing campaigns in India is 5.2%, which is almost thrice as much as the In contrast, the engagement rate for traditional marketing campaigns is only 1-2% of traditional marketing campaigns. Influencers can help amplify your brand message and introduce your products to a wider audience – 70% of Indians admit to influencer marketing having an effect on their purchasing decisions.
- Strive for customer service excellence – Exceptional customer service is a powerful differentiator for customers and an aspect QNET entrepreneurs can fully realise. Being in direct contact with customers gives QNET entrepreneurs a unique advantage to provide exceptional support and address customer concerns promptly. Satisfied customers are more likely to become repeat buyers and can even become product advocates for your brand.
Read More: Success tips for direct sellers
Continuous innovation and adaptability to different circumstances is the best way to pave your own path to success. If you want to seize opportunities, you need to develop an eye for them and equip yourself with the skillset to pounce on them when they pop up. QNET entrepreneurs who prioritise innovation bring fresh perspectives to their businesses, experiment with new strategies, and develop unique value propositions that resonate with modern consumers.
The direct selling industry is a reflection of modern entrepreneurship. QNET entrepreneurs are rewriting its narrative through technology, innovation, and ethical practices. As trends shape the direct selling landscape, QNET entrepreneurs stand at the forefront of progress, embracing digital transformation, prioritising customer experiences and nurturing resilient mindsets, all while being flexible to seize new opportunities on the horizon. QNET entrepreneurs are poised to harness emerging trends, overcome challenges, and emerge as pioneers in a dynamic and evolving industry.
- What is QNET’s business plan?
QNET operates on the direct selling business model, where Independent Distributors, promote and sell QNET’s products directly to consumers. This eliminates the need for traditional retail channels and allows entrepreneurs to earn commissions based on their sales performance.
- Is QNET safe?
QNET is a reputable and legitimate company in the direct selling industry with a presence in over 100 countries. Like any business endeavour, success depends on your commitment, effort, and adherence to the company’s guidelines. It’s important to do thorough research, understand the business model, and set realistic expectations before joining.
Read More: Is QNET Safe? Should I Join QNET?
- How can I get started with QNET?
To get started with QNET, you can visit the official QNET India website and sign up as an independent distributor. You’ll receive guidance on how to begin promoting and selling QNET products, as well as access to training materials and support.
Read More: How to start a QNET business?