It goes on to say,
Delhi, a city of 25 million people and nine million vehicles, routinely experiences fine particulate pollution above 300 micrograms per cubic metre; the EU’s legal limit is 25.
More than half of India’s population lives in places with such polluted air that each person loses an average of 3.2 years in life expectancy, according to a recent study by researchers from the University of Chicago, Yale and Harvard.
While this is the case with the air we breathe outside, the quality of air indoors is not any better. In addition to the outdoor pollution seeping indoors, combustion, building material, and bioaerosols are the three leading sources of indoor air pollution.
The effects can be up to 10 times worse than outdoor air pollution. This is because contained areas enable potential pollutants to build up more than open spaces. Statistics suggest that in developing countries, health impacts of indoor air pollution far outweigh those of outdoor air pollution. The ill-effects of indoor air pollution result in about 2 million premature deaths per year, with the most affected groups being women and younger children, as they spend maximum time at home.
Indoor air pollutant particulates cause respiratory infections, chronic bronchitis, nausea, allergies, chronic headaches and even lead to pneumonia in extreme cases.
At QNET, we focus on developing products to help people live better, healthier lives. To combat this increasing challenge QNET has partnered with Sharp, a leading name in technology innovation, to provide our customers in India with an ideal solution, the Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier.
This indoor air purifier utilizes Sharp’s patented Plasmacluster Ion Technology that creates a fresh indoor environment by generating negative and positive ions that eliminate harmful substances – pollen dust, allergens, viruses, molds, gases – and foul smell from air as well as surfaces creating a natural and fresh environment to breathe clean and safe air. This model is ideal for room sizes up to 430 sqft.
The effectiveness of Plasmacluster Ion Technology has been proven by more than 22 independent and renowned research organisations across the world.
Features & Benefits
- Original Sharp sanitising technology that purifies air by emitting positive and negative ions, as present in Forest-fresh air
- Eliminates 99.97% infection causing germs from air and other surfaces and reduces 99.9% mould and mildew
- Deactivates suspended airborne mould, viruses, dust mite allergens, pollens and bacteria
- Very effective and high tech 3-stage filtration process
- Neutralises bad odours and other toxic gases
- Removes static electricity from surfaces
- Reduces allergy triggers
- Improves health and immunity
- Regular use helps improve skin’s moisture levels and elasticity
- Easy to use – just plug & play
- Winner of prestigious Takagi Award for consumer health products from Japan
- Certified by 22 world-renowned Research Organisations
- Certified by The British Allergy Foundation
After Sales Service
- Two-year on-site warranty
- Five-year filter life